Saturday, December 01, 2007

Sorrow

The silence is screaming
Time ticks slowly by
My once cherished memories now too painful to review

One moment you were there and I was never alone
But in another instant…gone.

I miss you now like a woman grieves her fallen husband
I struggled to wake up, but now accept the reality
Because I feel every moment
like a tiny shard of burning metal deep in my skin

I can never forget who you were
We tried to heal…but to no avail
How could we let it all just slip away?

I found myself needing you more the further you drifted
But you wanted us less and less
Could it be that you just stopped caring?

It hurt more to watch you go, than to chase after you
But it was the chase you wouldn’t tolerate

And so, the distance between us grew
And fear and jealousy quickly conquered over trust

And now I’m dead to you

5 Comments:

Blogger OM said...

Oh My!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Itsnotme said...

oh dear.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this that you speak of?....

4:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i wonder how poems take place of ppl

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgive. Someday.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home