Saturday, April 14, 2007

The greatest love

For your maker is your husband;
Jehovah of hosts is His name.
And the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
He is called the God of all the earth.

For Jehovah has called you,
Like a wife who has been forsaken and is grieved in spirit,
Even like a wife of one's youth when she has been rejected,
Says your God.

For a short moment I forsook you,
But with great compassion I will gather you.

In a flood of wrath I hid
My face from you for a moment,
But with eternal lovingkindness I will have mercy on you,
Says Jehovah your Redeemer.

For this is like the waters of Noah to Me,
When I swore that the waters of Noah
Would not overflow the earth ever again;
So I have sworn that I will not be angry with you,
Nor will I rebuke you.

For the mountains may depart,
And the hills may shake,
But my lovingkindness will not depart from you,
Says Jehovah who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54:5-10

4 Comments:

Blogger Sonny Sultani said...

I really like your work!

9:20 PM  
Blogger OM said...

I don't get it. Call me

9:21 PM  
Blogger nydiathegreat said...

So while I would love to take credit for writing that...I can picture a lightning bolt streaking through the sky at me. I didn't write it okay? This dude named Isaiah did, back in the day. He was writing about God. Have you ever felt like you did something wrong, and maybe your conscience feels a bit convicted? I think that’s what Isaiah was getting at when he wrote this. I came accross it while I was reading through the Old Testament and found it beautiful, so I copied it. :)

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the part of his lovingkindness...awesome. Enjoy your week! ML

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home