Saturday, September 30, 2006

death

Never before has it seemed so close to me
Looming over me like an unwanted storm
It's coming closer and closer
I cant control it
I'm like a little girl, paralyzed with fear at whatever is hiding beneath my bed, knowing if I try to move or scream it might get me too
First it took raul
Then frances
And then it got lilly and ricky and albert and jenny and cathy
In its clutches now is my emilia
How did this happen?
I can’t move
I can’t scream
I can’t control it
And i can't stop it
I can barely breathe

Oh God, please make it stop!!!
Time is against me; there’s less every day
Please help me
Please make it go away
Why is this happening?
It takes what you love and leaves only pain that will never quite go away
I don't know how much more i can take
How can this be part of life?
It's so scary, ugly and undignified
I can’t see much more
Maybe now i'll sleep...

2 Comments:

Blogger OM said...

Death is so much a part of life. You know very well then you can't escape it so It's better to accept it just like you accept breathing. It doesn't have to be undignified.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Itsnotme said...

Your poem captures the essence of existentialism... nice.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home