Friday, December 11, 2009

The best part of my day

The best part of my day is the last part of my day, and lasts for just a few moments.

It starts when the lights go off - no, not THOSE moments - and we crawl under the covers and you pull me close to you and we're suddenly somehow wrapped up in each other.

I can hear your breath, feel your arms, smell your scent. You're all around me, and in that moment your love engulfs my very soul. I breathe in your love and breathe out all my worries and concerns; peace washes over me.

It's this moment I've looked forward to several times in my day. It's only in the darkness and stillness of this moment that I'm completely at rest, it's then that I know vulnerability; I am utterly yours.

My addiction to you and the way I feel grows stronger every night I spend in your arms, I want nothing to stop it.

I hear your breath growing deeper, slower and the temptation to give in to the peacefulness is strong, but I struggle to stay awake. If only I could stop time and just enjoy this feeling but...my favorite moments are fleeting...

And in the morning when I must leave the comfort of your arms, a twinge of sadness hits me...my favorite moments are once again lost with the rising of the sun and the necessity of life's duties.

So I go about my day, fulfilling the demands of daily life, but all the while waiting again for night to come, for those sweet moments when I'm in your arms once more.

Goodnight my love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home